Feng Shui is the art of harmonizing yourself with the surrounding environment. Energy is all around us. The basic principle of Feng Shui is managing and balancing that energy in the right way. Positive energy can make our lives better. If we can bring positive energy into our home with the help of Feng Shui, it may help us potentially find some peace within.
Life can be stressful in today’s world. By the end of the day, we may feel some negative energy if we had a rough day. Feng Shui can help us to get rid of that negative energy. Imagine walking into you home, and feeling peaceful. Following are some points to utilize Feng Shui in your home and/or Condo.
- Feng Shui fountain
Place that Feng Shui fountain at the entrance of your home / condo, just outside or inside. Make sure the water is flowing towards the center of your house. In Feng Shui, wealth is represented by water. Appropriate placing of the Feng Shui fountain may help bring wealth to flow into your home.
- Fill the empty space above the kitchen cabinets
If there is empty space above your kitchen cabinets, place some live, or realistic looking green plants to fill the gap, and light it up. According to Feng Shui principle, the empty space above the kitchen cabinets attract dust, and accumulates stagnant energy. The good energy will get stuck there, so the rest of the house will be filled with dead energy, which can be bad for you in some perspectives. So, by filling up the gap above the kitchen cabinets, you bring life to this area, and ensures free flowing of good energy.
- Bed Location
Place the bed in a commanding position, means you will be facing the door while lying in the bed, and not in line with the door. We spend many hours sleeping in our bed. Placing the bed like this is good Feng Shui.
A few other tips for good Feng Shui are as follows.
- Fix the squeak on your front door (entry door). The sound of the door crying when you go out, and come in can affect your well being.
- The front door (entry door) represents how good energy enters your home, and your life. So use the front door whenever you can, instead of the garage door.
- Keep the bathroom door closed, since water goes out from the house, which means wealth going out of the house.
- Clean all windows, do not let dust settle in. As per Feng Shui, windows represent your eyes to the outside world. Brighten your world with clean windows.
- Cover up the TV in your bedroom, as the TV’s active energy disrupts calm energy.
There are many homes/condos in St. Paul and Minneapolis that has already installed Feng Shui techniques for good life. These techniques do not guarantee to remove negativity and/or weath, but it may help your mind set.
Realty Group, Inc.
Shannon Lindstrom, REALTOR®, AHWD, CRS, GREEN
3495 Northdale Blvd NW Ste 200
Minneapolis, MN 55448