If you are looking to experience Minneapolis urban living and thinking about purchasing a condo or loft in or the downtown Minneapolis area in the near future. You may want to consider the Minneapolis Mill City District location as an option.
The Mill District neighborhood is located east of the heart of downtown Minneapolis, which is known for its history and culture.
The early 1900s, the Minneapolis – Mill City District neighborhood was the flour milling capital of the United States and also the world. Today, it continues to develop into a major cultural center with Guthrie Theater as its center-piece, with support from the Mill City Museum and also the MacPhail Center for Music- all popular destinations for locals and visitors.
The residents enjoy the laid-back experience on spacious riverfront walking and biking trails that line the Mississippi River and Mill Ruins Park. Those who develop an appetite, can fill up on garden fresh groceries at their choice of local, organic foods at Mill City’s Farmers Market or enjoy one of the district’s popular eateries.
Mill City Real Estate Minneapolis Attractions
Here are a few of the many bonus points of Mill City Minneapolis urban living.
- The neighborhood is enriched with masterfully maintained historical structures from a time when flour and lumber were Mill City’s primary industries.
- Gold Medal Park, provides over seven acres of pristine green space in the heart of Mill District.
- Miles of riverside trails crisscross the Mill District, and Stone Arch Bridge, an old converted rail crossing is a favorite pedestrian and bicycle trail with locals.
- Glance up on the riverside trail and you may see the Endless Bridge. The protruding walkway is the most outstanding feature of the famous Guthrie Theater, but the real spectacle comes from the world-class performances that go on stage.
- Begin your evening off with a meal at one of the award-winning Guthrie’s restaurants before catching a performance at the Theater.
- If you appreciate fresh food and ecologically minded living- you can’t get much greener the Mill City Minneapolis Farmers Market.
- It hosts many organic local vendors under the city’s historic train shed at Mill City Museum each Saturday between May and October.
- Browse the many condos and lofts for sale in the downtown east Minneapolis location
For more information on the many available Minneapolis Downtown condo and loft listings for sale, feel free to contact Realty Group, Inc., Shannon Lindstrom, REALTOR®, AHWD, CRS, GREEN at 612-616-9714 or email Shannon@MplsUrbanLiving today.