Please find below some tips that you should consider when you are preparing to start the process of buying a new home in the Twin Cities.
1. Contact a mortgage loan officer or a mortgage banker for a pre-approval.
You need to know how much you qualify for and also what you can afford pertaining to price, monthly payments, taxes, insurance, and closing costs. What is the best loan program for your situation?
2. Find an agent to represent you and your best interest.
3. You should have a property list with your needs and wants. For example: the location, the home type or style, the maximum of bedrooms and baths, and square footage, etc…
4. The fun begins… Start looking for a new home.
5. Private Home Inspection? When purchasing a new home, you may want to consider hiring a private home inspector. A home inspector’s job is to investigate the condition of a property.
For informational purposes:
A number of cities within the Twin Cities metro area require homes to be inspected by a licensed inspector before they are offered for sale or before ownership is transferred. Please feel free to visit http://mplsurbanliving.com/home-inspection/ for details.
6. Closing preparations: Review your Settlement Statement (HUD Statement) with your loan officer or closer prior to closing.
7. Final property walk-thru before closing.
8. You are ready to close.
If you have questions pertaining to the home-buying process or looking for a Minneapolis-St. Paul Buyer Agent to represent you, feel free to call or email Shannon Lindstrom, Buyer Agent/Realtor with Keller Williams Realty Integrity-Minneapolis today.