Whether you are thinking about or planning to relocate to Minneapolis in the near future, it is important to find a Realtor who understands the stresses of moving
to a new city and has knowledge of the local real estate market place. Shannon Lindstrom, Realtor with RE/MAX Results specializes in relocation and she works the entire Twin Cities.
Shannon has personally experienced corporate relocations, so she understands the big picture when it comes to relocating to a new city. When an individual and or a family relocate, it is not an easy task. The advice is to do your research. The cost of living in every city is different.
Many years ago, Shannon Lindstrom and her family had relocated from Minneapolis, Minnesota to another state. At the time, she had calculated the monthly living expenses were going to increase, since the cost living was higher in that specific city and state. Before she had traveled to that specific location to find a new home; researched the local school districts, the real estate market, the property tax rate, transportation costs, etc...
Benefits of Relocating to the Twin Cities
- One of the best collections of parks in the nation.
- Excellent schools.
- Easy commuting to work.
- Reasonable taxes.
- Fairly low cost of living.
- Real estate is reasonably priced.
- Great theater and art opportunities.
- One of the best places for biking.
- Great skyway system.
- Great jobs.
The job market is good due to the numerous Forbes 500 companies’ headquartered in the area. These include:
- Best Buy
- Ameriprise Financial
- Land O' Lakes
- General Mills
- United Health
- Xcel Energy
- Holiday Companies
- The Toro Companies
- Allianz Life
- U.S. Bancorp
- Minneapolis will be home to the 2018 NFL Super Bowl
- Minneapolis Vikings
- University of Minnesota Gophers
- University of Minnesota Gophers-Men’s League
- University of Minnesota Gophers-Women’s League
Additional Helpful Links
- Minneapolis Urban Living Relocation for Twin Cities Info
- Minneapolis Neighborhood Information
- Minneapolis Public Schools
- Minneapolis Private Schools
- Minneapolis Colleges
- Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- City of Minneapolis – Living in Minneapolis
- City of Minneapolis- Utility Companies
- Minneapolis Pollution Control Agency-GREEN Living Resources
- Minnesota Health Scores
- Twin Cities Transplants
- Things to Do In Minneapolis
- Grand Round National Scenic Byway
- Minnesota Cost of Living
- Minneapolis is number five for the Top 10 Best Cities for New College Grads 2014 by Livability.com
- Minnesota was rated number three by www.money-rates.com for the top ten states for working 2014
As you can see, there are many positive reasons to consider a move to the Twin Cities. The quality of life is simply amazing with a nice balance of parks, transportation ease, quality job availability, cost of living (including real estate) and all around friendly people.