St Paul: 5 Great Restaurants and Food Co-ops
When you live in St Paul, there are fabulous dining and grocery choices abound. After you find a few go-to spots, there will always be plenty more to explore in the Twin Cities.
Indeed, St Paul has so many great restaurants and co-ops that no one could pick just a few for a “Best Of” list. But here we highlight just five restaurants, markets, and food co-ops that St Paul residents and visitors alike routinely praise.
- See what’s brewing at the Happy Gnome, at 498 Selby Ave. You’ll find creative food and an extensive array of craft beers. Yes, here’s your place for the hoppiest ale, the sprightliest lager, or the strongest stout. Also, the patio and the fireplace tables offer comfort in all seasons.
- People rave about Cossetta’s Italian Market & Pizzeria. It’s highly rated for salads, pasta, hot sandwiches, and European style pizza. In fact, the pastry shop receives accolades and customers love the classic gelatos, too. Cossetta’s is in a larger Italian food market at 211 7th St. W, Saint Paul.
- The Shish Mediterranean Grill & Cafe offers a quick and satisfying lunch. Located conveniently at 1668 Grand Ave., the Shish certainly wows its customers with outstanding hummus, plus Turkish coffee and baklava.
- Cafe Latte is a cafeteria with a wine bar. At 850 Grand Ave., it’s a great spot for coffee and dessert, and has bakery-style displays to tempt take-aways. In addition, Café Latte has vegan and gluten-free offerings, and a serious pizza menu.
- The Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op is great for shopping and events. It offers three St Paul locations. In true co-op spirit, it’s collaborating with local artists on a community mural for the East 7th store. Above all, the Mississippi Market offers a wide variety of organic foods choices for all.
Pick a place you haven’t visited, and experience it when you’re out touring St Paul condos or homes for sale!