Tips: Relocate to the Twin Cities With Dogs and Cats
Are you looking to relocate to the famously pet-friendly Twin Cities in the near future? Here’s a handy guide to moving resources that can help you bring your pet to your new condo or home.
Bringing Your Pet To the Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport
Need to bring your pet to Minneapolis – St. Paul from afar? You can call on the air travel experts at Starwood to ensure safe travels. Their support covers:
- Health certificates and all other documents needed for your flight;
- Approved flight kennels with identification and emergency notification labels;
- Customs clearance;
- Pet taxis into the Twin Cities.
Airport Information, Pet Boarding, and Extra Needs
The Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport has two terminals and both offer convenient pet relief areas.
Keep pets in carriers inside the airport.
Should you need to board your pets while waiting to turn the key to your new home, Now Boarding is open at the airport 24/7, featuring:
- Overnight and day care;
- Grooming, and even a pet therapy pool.
This service welcomes all pets—whether the pets’ people are passengers or not. Call them at 612-454-4850.
Cats are easy! But if you’re seeking condos that are sweet on dogs:
- Find out the pet policies and extra charges when you see an attractive property. Check for restrictions on numerical limits, sizes, and breeds.
- Check the property’s website for pet-friendly amenities.
- Look into local pet licensing rules. Expect to register your pets—cats too—with your new condo owners’ association.
- Check out our blog offering on dog-friendly parks of the Twin Cities!
RE/MAX Results, Shannon Lindstrom, Realtor can help plan your move to the Minneapolis St Paul Pet-friendly condos now on the market. Let us help you find the home that’ll delight you—and your pet.