Please find below a few first-time home buying steps that you should consider when you are preparing to start the process of buying a new home or a condo in the Twin Cities. Education is important.
- Interview & select a REALTOR®
- Meet with a loan officer (if you are not paying cash for a property) …recommend you ask questions pertaining to the mortgage process.
- Obtain a mortgage preapproval
- Analyze your needs & wants pertaining to property type, minimum bedrooms & baths, square footage, etc…
- Research the locations & neighborhoods
- View properties in your locations of interest
- Write an offer to purchase
- Negotiate terms & conditions
- Final Acceptance
- Private Home Inspection Contingency (if elected)
- Obtain a Mortgage Commitment (discuss with your loan officer pertaining to the mortgage process)
- Title search
- Review you Closing Disclosure (CD) prior to closing (Obtain a copy of the CD from your mortgage loan officer and/or title company)
- Bring Funds to Closing
- Close on Your New Home or Condo
- Welcome to Homeownership!
If you are looking to buy a new home or condo in the Twin Cities, feel free to contact Shannon Lindstrom, Realtor with RE/MAX Results at 612-616-9714 or Shannon@MplsUrbanLiving.com.