When it comes to the home buying process, there's a few important steps you'll need to understand before diving head-first into the market. Such things you'll need to know are:
- Selecting a Minneapolis-St. Paul Realtor with Experience - Research Realtors beforehand to see how long they've been in the business and check out their customer reviews.
- Mortgage Pre-Approval - Getting a pre-approved mortgage will lay the foundation in regards to how much you will be loaned to purchase new property.
- Price Range/Comfort Level - If your mortgage is approved, you can begin looking into the market to see what's out there in regards to what you can comfortably afford.
- Residential Property Type (single-family home, townhome, or condo) - Depending on your mortgage approval and what you can comfortably afford, it's time to see if you can spot a single-family home, townhome, or condo that suits your interests.
- Research The Neighborhoods & City - Now that you think you have a property to your liking and affordability, it's time to research the surrounding area. Is it in a neighborhood with other families raising children? Walking neighborhood with restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores/food co-ops, biking/walking trails?
- City Inspection - A number of cities within the Twin Cities metro area require homes to be inspected by a licensed inspector before they are offered for sale or before ownership is transferred.
- Private Home Inspection - A private home inspection investigates the condition of the home.
- Closing Costs - You're at the home stretch. These are the fees paid at the end of a real estate transaction.
- The Final Property Walkthrough - This is the final inspection of the property. If repairs are needed, this is the time to address them.
- Closing - When the title of the property is conveyed to the buyers. Congrats!
If you are looking for an experienced Realtor/Buyer Agent, feel free to contact me today!
Realty Group, Inc.
Shannon Lindstrom, REALTOR®, AHWD, CRS, GREEN
3495 Northdale Blvd NW Ste 200
Minneapolis, MN 55448